Tihar is the second main festival of hindus. It is also called Deepawali or the festival of lights. It is afive day long festival which comes after 15 days of Dashain.

Kaag Tihar:
It is the first of this festival. According to Hindu belief, the crow, which helps in keeping the environment clean by eating rubbish, is considered as messenger of God.

Kukur Tihar:
It is the second day of the festival. Dog is one of the most trusted friend of human beings, is also considered to be the carrier of Lord Bhairav. On this day, we

worshipped to our dog and gave food.

Gai Tihar or Laxmi Puja:
It is the third day of this festival. We wake early in the morning and worship cow and in evening we worship Lord Laxmi in the evening. My friends and their sisters play bhailo in my home and I gave lots of money and selroti, fruits and sweets.

Govardhan Puja or Mha Puja
It is the fourth day of this festival. Newars observe this day as Mha Puja. I am also from newar community. We celebrate this day as their New Year or Nepal Sambat. This year's Govardhan Puja was very special day for me because this day my birthday falls. Men and boys play Dhhoushi on this day.

Bhai Tika:
It is the fifth day of this festival. On this day, I offer Saptarangi tika and makhmali flowers garlands to my brother. I offer delicious foods, sweets and fruits to my brother. In return, my brother gave me money and clothes with love and respect.



No comments:

Post a Comment